Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Benjamin Garfield <be...@ussurg.com> on 2001/08/21 19:59:11 UTC

Windows NT UNC File Referencing

I am in the process of setting up a new web farm environment.  All of the
web servers will be running the same code.  To simplify management of that
code, I would like to place the code in a common location and then use
Windows UNC file referencing to point the servlet engine at the code.

Allaire's servlet engine does not have the capability of handling this,
however they plan to add it in then next major release.

Has anyone tested this kind of configuration in Tomcat?  Was it successful?
Was testing done on how Tomcat reacted if the networked server holding the
content was unavailable and they became available again?

Any and all information on this subject is appreciated.

           - Ben