Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Filip Maj <fi...@adobe.com> on 2013/01/03 21:02:21 UTC

Re: Food for thought over the holidays

>> What cordova-client should do to better support plugins:
>>   -Instead of considering JS the same as other assets, treat it as a
>> first-class thing.
>>   -Build cordova.js from source (check it out as a sibling to
>> cordova-ios.git)
>
>Yes.

Are you suggesting checking out cordova-js' master and building it each
time? If so, I disagree. The reason we tag the JS and need consensus on it
to go through the release ceremony is to make sure that the shared code
that is the JS works for all platforms. If we start building js from
source+master every time I think we will be introducing instability.

Re: Food for thought over the holidays

Posted by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org>.
Moving JS into their own repositories is the motivation.

My thinking was that cordova-cli would use tags when checking out
cordova-ios, cordova-js, etc, instead of checking them out at master. When
the user wants to update to a new version, they could do "cordova update
[version]" or something like that.

Posted by Brian LeRoux <b...@brian.io>.