Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Ashley Aitken <mr...@mac.com> on 2013/08/30 08:17:28 UTC

Is there a "Wicket for Client-side Javascript Apps"?

Sorry, this may be a bit off-topic but I can't think of a better group to ask.

Does anyone know of a client-side Javascript framework that has the complete separation of Java(script) and HTML/CSS that Wicket has?  I'm not a fan of loops and conditionals in the HTML.

I'm thinking of a client-side Javascript framework that would do similar to what Wicket does with the wicketid.  Of course, not being a server-side Web application it would be very different in other regards to Wicket.

I would like it to be component-based and event-driven (like Wicket but in Javascript).  Perhaps allowing components to be as easily defined by inheritance in Javascript as they are in Wicket, for example.

I don't wish to hide the HTML/CSS.  I would like to be able to design the client page(s) in HTML and CSS like Wicket allows, with almost complete separation between developer and designer.

Does it even make sense what I am asking for / suggesting? ;-)

Thanks for any pointers or suggestions.

Cheers,
Ashley.

PS I know of Ember.js (uses templating system), Sproutcore, Cappuccino (abstracts HTML/CSS) and Flight.

--
Ashley Aitken
Perth, Western Australia

Re: Is there a "Wicket for Client-side Javascript Apps"?

Posted by Ashley Aitken <mr...@hatken.com>.
Very interesting.

Thanks Martin.

Cheers,
Ashley.

On 30/08/2013, at 4:01 PM, Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Check Cajeta.js.
> Demo app at:
> https://github.com/jklappenbach/cajeta.js/tree/master/quickstart/site
>

> On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 9:17 AM, Ashley Aitken <mr...@mac.com> wrote:
>

>> Sorry, this may be a bit off-topic but I can't think of a better group to
>> ask.
>>
>> Does anyone know of a client-side Javascript framework that has the
>> complete separation of Java(script) and HTML/CSS that Wicket has?  I'm not
>> a fan of loops and conditionals in the HTML.
>>
>> I'm thinking of a client-side Javascript framework that would do similar
>> to what Wicket does with the wicketid.  Of course, not being a server-side
>> Web application it would be very different in other regards to Wicket.
>>
>> I would like it to be component-based and event-driven (like Wicket but in
>> Javascript).  Perhaps allowing components to be as easily defined by
>> inheritance in Javascript as they are in Wicket, for example.
>>
>> I don't wish to hide the HTML/CSS.  I would like to be able to design the
>> client page(s) in HTML and CSS like Wicket allows, with almost complete
>> separation between developer and designer.
>>
>> Does it even make sense what I am asking for / suggesting? ;-)
>>
>> Thanks for any pointers or suggestions.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Ashley.
>>
>> PS I know of Ember.js (uses templating system), Sproutcore, Cappuccino
>> (abstracts HTML/CSS) and Flight.
>>
>> --
>> Ashley Aitken
>> Perth, Western Australia
>> mrhatken at mac dot com
>> Social (Facebook, Twitter, Skype etc.): MrHatken
>> Professional (LinkedIn, Twitter, Skype etc.): AshleyAitken

Ashley Aitken
Perth, Western Australia (GMT + 8hrs!)
Social (Facebook, Twitter, Skype etc.): MrHatken
Professional (LinkedIn, Twitter, Skype etc.): AshleyAitken

"[Apple] can't innovate any more, my a**!" Phil Schiller

Re: Is there a "Wicket for Client-side Javascript Apps"?

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,