Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Nina Pham <ni...@gibbons.com> on 2005/06/07 17:46:42 UTC

SOS: start HTTPD fail after upgrade subveresion to 1.2

I just did upgrade subversion 1.1.4 to 1.2. The upgrade went well, but I
can't restart HTTPD.
the httpd logs says:
    [NOTICE]: crit(28) No space left on device: mod_rewrite:could not
creat rewrite_log_lock
    Configuration Failed.

any idea will be appreciated.

Re: SOS: start HTTPD fail after upgrade subveresion to 1.2

Posted by Nina Pham <ni...@gibbons.com>.
I solved the problem by running ipcs command to clean up the system
resource. It had nothing to do with subversion. Thanks all

Posted by Patrick Burleson <pb...@gmail.com>.

Re: start HTTPD fail after upgrade subveresion to 1.2

Posted by Max Bowsher <ma...@ukf.net>.
Nina Pham wrote:
> I just did upgrade subversion 1.1.4 to 1.2. The upgrade went well, but I
> can't restart HTTPD.
> the httpd logs says:
>    [NOTICE]: crit(28) No space left on device: mod_rewrite:could not
> creat rewrite_log_lock
>    Configuration Failed.
>
> any idea will be appreciated.

I don't think this has anything to do with Subversion.

I saw this error once myself, and I think it related to there being stale
shared memory segments left from previous apache runs, which built up until
a limit was reached.

Either reboot, or play with "ipcs" and "ipcrm" to clean out zombie ipc
resources.

Max.

Re: SOS: start HTTPD fail after upgrade subveresion to 1.2

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On 07.06.2005, at 19:46, Nina Pham wrote:

> I just did upgrade subversion 1.1.4 to 1.2. The upgrade went well, but
> I can't restart HTTPD.
> the httpd logs says:
>    [NOTICE]: crit(28) No space left on device: mod_rewrite:could not
> creat rewrite_log_lock
>    Configuration Failed.

Sounds like your disk is full! Check all your partitions. Could the
partition where you store log files (often at /var/log), or your /tmp
partition, be full? Make some room and try again, then figure out what
filled it up and tame it.