Posted to dev@gora.apache.org by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/13 21:06:27 UTC

Gora Storage System for Chukwa Logs

hi folks,
Quick heads up that Gora is now in use of in Chukwa [0] for persisting log
data. There are a number of improvements which I'll be working on over the
next while.
Lewis
[0] http://Chukwa.apache.org

--
*Lewis*

Re: Gora Storage System for Chukwa Logs

Posted by Renato MarroquĂ­n Mogrovejo <re...@gmail.com>.
Those are awesome news Lewis!
Is there a JIRA issue linked to that?

Renato M.

Posted by Talat Uyarer <ta...@uyarer.com>.
Hi Lewis,

Does Chukwa work with Hadoop 2 ? Do you have any idea ?

--
Talat UYARER
Websitesi: http://talat.uyarer.com

Re: Gora Storage System for Chukwa Logs

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Renato,

Posted by Furkan KAMACI <fu...@gmail.com>.
@Talat, related issue is: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CHUKWA-687

Posted by Furkan KAMACI <fu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Lewis,

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.
Hi Lewis,

This is great news!

Thanks for sharing it.

- Henry

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Talat,
Yes Chuwka trunk works with Hadoop 2.X.
We are about to release Chukwa 0.7.0 I believe [0].
There is a Docker container for Chukwa [1].
I also put together a script [2] which helps with rolling out Chukwa to a
cluster of machines however this would probably be better suited to a Chef
recipe or something similar.
Thanks
Lewis

[0] http://www.mail-archive.com/dev%40chukwa.apache.org/msg00886.html