Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Rich Mayfield <ri...@yahoo.com> on 2005/05/07 19:52:41 UTC

ClassNotFoundException - common/lib works, shared/lib gets exception

 So that I avoid "already loaded" classloader problems with jar's that
front native library calls via JNI, I am following the pattern of
putting the jars into "shared/lib".

However, I get a ClassNotFoundException.  If I put this into
"CATALINA_HOME/common/lib", everything works fine.  It's my impression, though,
that one ought to put it into "shared/lib".

I've tried both CATALINA_HOME/shared/lib and CATALINA_BASE/shared/lib.

This is on Tomcat 5.0.28.  I have not changed
CATALINA_HOME/conf/catalina.properties, which would imply that CATALINA_BASE/shared/lib should
work.

Any ideas what might be going awry?

Thanks for you help.
rich

RES: ClassNotFoundException - common/lib works, shared/lib gets exception

Posted by Paulo Alvim <al...@powerlogic.com.br>.
Hi Rich,

Did you have any answer? I'm with the same problem using TC559...