Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Jaya Ghosh <jg...@CoWare.com> on 2008/01/25 12:55:20 UTC

Nutch Implementation query

Hello,

Greetings from India!

I went through your tutorial "Latest step by Step Installation guide for
dummies: Nutch 0.9"

I have downloaded Nutch and created an Index on my Linux machine (intranet).
I will later do the same on my Windows machine using Cygwin.  From the
various documentation that I went through I gather that it can perform
phrase search, Boolean search, proximity search etc. on Windows and Linux
and hence opted for it.

1. I want to use Nutch as the search engine for our tool (Signal Processing
Designer) +online documentation which is shipped on a CD.

o         The online help can be accessed from the tool's Help menu.

o         Within the tool we want Nutch to perform search on the various
library documentation that is associated with each library block in html
format as individual html files+ the online documentation (available in
html+pdf format).

o         It should also be able to perform a search on the xmls. The
backend of out tool is developed in XML.

2. Is it mandatory to set up the Web Interface? If so I am confused as to
how it will be invoked at the user's end?

3. Is there another method of setting up the search other than through Web
interface?

4. I do not have a localhost:8080 so what do I do?

5. Is there an alternative method of invoking the search page?

I am tech.writer and not technical hence too many questions from end. Thanks
in advance for any help. Would sincerely appreciate it.

Regards,

Ms.Jaya

RE: Nutch Implementation query

Posted by ki...@wipro.com.