Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Andre Landwehr <an...@gmx.net> on 2000/08/22 17:40:25 UTC

@param -> @_ in 2.0 question

Hi,
in the TODO file coming with 1.3b5 there is a feature
"- @param -> @_  -> done in 2.0" mentioned. If the former @param
of an Executed page is now @_, what is going to happen to
pages handled by EmbperlObject (when it is implemented in 2.x),
which get their request object in $_[0]? Will it remain the
first element of @_ and the former @param start with index [1]?
Or won't it be possible to Execute EmbperlObject handled pages
with parameters anymore and all parameters have to be passed via
the request object?

Andre

Re: @param -> @_ in 2.0 question

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.
Hi,
> in the TODO file coming with 1.3b5 there is a feature
> "- @param -> @_  -> done in 2.0" mentioned. If the former @param
> of an Executed page is now @_, what is going to happen to
> pages handled by EmbperlObject (when it is implemented in 2.x),
> which get their request object in $_[0]? Will it remain the
> first element of @_ and the former @param start with index [1]?
> Or won't it be possible to Execute EmbperlObject handled pages
> with parameters anymore and all parameters have to be passed via
> the request object?

Actualy starting from 1.2.0  $_[0] contains the Embperl request record and
$_[1...n] contains the @param array.
I never have documented this, because i was not sure if it will stay exactly
this way.

Embperl 2.0 will provide it similar to this (and the @param array will still
be available), but I don't have made a final decision if it will stay
exactly the same. I will decide this before the first beta of 2.0 comes out.

Gerald

E-Mail:     richter@ecos.de         Voice:    +49 6133 925151