Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by poeta simbolista <po...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/01 14:11:20 UTC

Use of only a prohibit search

HI guys,
I've read on
http://www.nabble.com/Using-NOT-queries-inside-parentheses-tf1234775.html#a3272973
this  forum about the problem of using, for example, only a prohibit search
such as

I really would like to get this done on a good manner, I am constructing
queries where elements may vary greatly.
I am using 1.9.1 at the moment. Is the solution provided in the post I
linked still the best one "nowadays" (it was stated for 1.4) ?  I find that
a bit "hacky" for such an operation, though...

Thanks a lot!

Re: Use of only a prohibit search

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
Adding a MatchAllDocsQuery instance to your boolean query if all clauses
are prohibited is in fact still the best way to do a purely negative
query.

the trunk makes this easier by adding MatchAllDocsQuery syntax to the
query parser...

-Hoss