Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Geert Van Huychem <ge...@iframeworx.be> on 2014/02/07 08:43:41 UTC

Facet pivot and distributed search

Hi

I'm using Solr 4.5 in a multi-core environment.

I've setup
- one core per documenttype: text, rss, tweet and external documents.
- one distrib core which basically distributes the query to the 4 cores
mentioned hereabove.

Facet pivot works on each core individually, but when I send the exact same
query to the distrib core, I get no results.

Anyone? Bug? Open issue?

Best

Geert Van Huychem

Re: Facet pivot and distributed search

Posted by Trey Grainger <so...@gmail.com>.
FYI, the last distributed pivot facet patch functionally works, but there
are some sub-optimal data structures being used and some unnecessary
duplicate processing of values. As a result, we found that for certain
worst-case scenarios (i.e. data is not randomly distributed across Solr
cores and requires significant refinement) pivot facets with multiple
levels could take over a minute to aggregate and process results. This was
using a dataset of several hundred million documents and dozens of pivot
facets across 120 Solr cores distributed over 20 servers, so it is a more
extreme use-case than most will encounter.

Nevertheless, we've refactored the code and data structures and brought the
processing time from over a minute down to less than a second using the
above configuration. We plan to post the patch within the next week.

Posted by Geert Van Huychem <ge...@iframeworx.be>.
Thx!

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
Yes this is a open issue.

On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 1:13 PM, Geert Van Huychem <ge...@iframeworx.be> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm using Solr 4.5 in a multi-core environment.
>
> I've setup
> - one core per documenttype: text, rss, tweet and external documents.
> - one distrib core which basically distributes the query to the 4 cores
> mentioned hereabove.
>
> Facet pivot works on each core individually, but when I send the exact same
> query to the distrib core, I get no results.
>
> Anyone? Bug? Open issue?
>
> Best
>
> Geert Van Huychem

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.