Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Rhys D Ulerich <rh...@us.ibm.com> on 2006/11/07 01:28:14 UTC

[SCXML] Unable to use custom action named 'send' in custom namespace

Hi all,

Just wanted to report that using a custom action <something:send> for an
XML namespace different than SCXML's default causes trouble. Specifically,
having the backing Action class implement ExternalContent causes problems.
 The <something:send> element matches just like it is a normal
<scxml:send> element and the Digester rules barf--

java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.xerces.dom.ElementNSImpl
incompatible with org.apache.commons.scxml.model.ExternalContent^M
    at
org.apache.commons.scxml.io.SCXMLDigester$ParseExternalContentRule.end(SCXMLDigester.java:1234)^M
    at
org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.endElement(Digester.java:1130)^M
    at
org.apache.commons.digester.NodeCreateRule$NodeBuilder.endElement(NodeCreateRule.java:195)^M
    at
org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.endElement(Digester.java:1064)^M
    at
org.apache.commons.digester.NodeCreateRule$NodeBuilder.endElement(NodeCreateRule.java:195)^M
    at
org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.endElement(Digester.java:1064)^M
    at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(Unknown
Source)^M
    at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanEndElement(Unknown
Source)^M
    at
Source)^M
    at
Source)^M
Source)^M
Source)^M
    at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)^M
    at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)^M
    at org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1704)^M
    at
org.apache.commons.scxml.io.SCXMLDigester.digest(SCXMLDigester.java:229)^M

The offending Digester trace looks like

Fire begin() for SetPropertiesRule[]^M
[SetPropertiesRule]{scxml/state/onentry/send} Set
com.ibm.SCRUBBED.SendAction properties^M
BeanUtils.populate([com.ibm.SCRUBBED.SendAction@25c825c8;hasInitialized=false;externalNodes=[]],
{})^M
Fire begin() for SetNextRule[methodName=addAction, paramType=null]^M
Fire begin() for
org.apache.commons.scxml.io.SCXMLDigester$SetExecutableParentRule@22cc22cc^M
Fire begin() for
org.apache.commons.scxml.io.SCXMLDigester$ParseExternalContentRule@22de22de^M
endElement(http://www.ibm.com/schema/SCRUBBED/actions/v0_1,send,SCRUBBED:send)^M
match='scxml/state/onentry/send'^M
bodyText=''^M
Fire body() for
ObjectCreateRule[className=org.apache.commons.scxml.model.Send,
attributeName=null]^M
Fire body() for SetPropertiesRule[]^M
Fire body() for SetNextRule[methodName=addAction, paramType=null]^M
Fire body() for
org.apache.commons.scxml.io.SCXMLDigester$SetExecutableParentRule@5f805f8^M
Fire body() for
org.apache.commons.scxml.io.SCXMLDigester$ParseExternalContentRule@60a060a^M
Fire body() for ObjectCreateRule[className=com.ibm.SCRUBBED.SendAction,
attributeName=null]^M
Fire body() for SetPropertiesRule[]^M
Fire body() for SetNextRule[methodName=addAction, paramType=null]^M
Fire body() for
org.apache.commons.scxml.io.SCXMLDigester$SetExecutableParentRule@22cc22cc^M
Fire body() for
org.apache.commons.scxml.io.SCXMLDigester$ParseExternalContentRule@22de22de^M
Popping body text '
            '^M
Fire end() for
org.apache.commons.scxml.io.SCXMLDigester$ParseExternalContentRule@22de22de^M

You can see where the org.apache.commons.scxml.model.Send class gets into
the mix.  Not using 'send' as the localName of my custom action solved the
problem.

- Rhys
_______________________________________
Rhys Ulerich
WebSphere IMS/SIP SOA Enablement Developer
Email: rhys@us.ibm.com  Office: 512-838-1428
IBM Software Group - Austin, TX

Re: [SCXML] Unable to use custom action named 'send' in custom namespace

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On 11/6/06, Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/6/06, Rhys D Ulerich <rh...@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Just wanted to report that using a custom action <something:send> for an
> > XML namespace different than SCXML's default causes trouble. Specifically,
> > having the backing Action class implement ExternalContent causes problems.
> >  The <something:send> element matches just like it is a normal
> > <scxml:send> element and the Digester rules barf--
> >
> <snip/>
>
> Worth adding a test to the nightly suite for this, it should be
> distinguishable by namespace. Curious, which binaries are you using?
> (version 0.5, built from latest source etc.)

<snip/>

This was fixed already. I added a test case that confirms correct
behavior to the repository.

-Rahul

Re: [SCXML] Unable to use custom action named 'send' in custom namespace

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.