Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Rémy Maucherat <re...@apache.org> on 2023/04/18 08:54:57 UTC

[ANN] Apache Tomcat 9.0.74 available

The Apache Tomcat team announces the immediate availability of Apache
Tomcat 9.0.74.

Apache Tomcat 9 is an open source software implementation of the Java
Servlet, JavaServer Pages, Java Unified Expression Language, Java
WebSocket and JASPIC technologies.

Apache Tomcat 9.0.74 is a bugfix and feature release. The notable
changes compared to 9.0.73 include:

- Correct a regression in the fix for bug 66442 that meant that streams
   without a response body did not decrement the active stream count
   when completing, leading to
   ERR_HTTP2_SERVER_REFUSED_STREAM for some connections.

- Add an access log valve that uses a json format. Based on pull request
   #539 provided by Thomas Meyer.

- Refactor synchronization blocks locking on SocketWrapper to use
   ReentrantLock to support users wishing to experiment with project Loom.

Along with lots of other bug fixes and improvements.

Please refer to the change log for the complete list of changes:
https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-9.0-doc/changelog.html

Downloads:
https://tomcat.apache.org/download-90.cgi

Migration guides from Apache Tomcat 7.x and 8.x:
https://tomcat.apache.org/migration.html

Enjoy!

- The Apache Tomcat team

Re: [ANN] Apache Tomcat 9.0.74 available

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.
Konstantin,

On 4/18/23 09:39, Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
> You can also download from Maven Central. Tomcat releases are also
> published there.

This is the "correct" answer for anything Maven-related IMO.

-chris

Re: [ANN] Apache Tomcat 9.0.74 available

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, 18 Apr 2023 at 20:40, Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com> wrote:

> вт, 18 апр. 2023 г. в 16:27, Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>:
> >
> > from mobile (sorry for typos ;)
> >

> > On Tue, Apr 18, 2023, 20:16 Rémy Maucherat <re...@apache.org> wrote:

> > > Only the up to date build is available in the CDN. The archive has all
> > > older builds but uses the ASF bandwidth (and also needs more time to
> > > sync, it is not a bug).
> > >

> > Actually binaries are available in archive since they are uploaded to
> > 'release' ....
> >
> > (They are available now)
> >
> > Maven build should be reproducible, so the only option is to use archive
>
> If you look at "downloadzip-2" and similar targets in the build.xml
> file of Tomcat,
> and at the following lines in build.properties.default
>
> base-apache.loc.1=https://dlcdn.apache.org
> base-apache.loc.2=https://archive.apache.org/dist
>
> You can use it as an example. It tries to download dependencies from
> CDN first, and fallbacks to using the archive site.
>
> You can also download from Maven Central. Tomcat releases are also
> published there.

Many thanks for the pointer!
I'll update our build to use Maven Central!

> Best regards,
> Konstantin Kolinko

Best regards,
Maxim

Re: [ANN] Apache Tomcat 9.0.74 available

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
from mobile (sorry for typos ;)

Posted by Rémy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.