Posted to dev@solr.apache.org by Houston Putman <ho...@apache.org> on 2023/06/26 18:44:28 UTC

Time for a 9.3 release?

It's been a while since the last Solr minor release, so I think it's time
we do it.

I'm happy to drive the release, since I've made some changes to the release
wizard and I wouldn't want someone else to have to debug that.

I will probably start a code freeze in early July if people agree, but I
think it'd be awesome if we could get the Lucene 9.7 upgrade in there!

- Houston

Re: Time for a 9.3 release?

Posted by Joel Bernstein <jo...@gmail.com>.
+1

Joel Bernstein
http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/

Re: Time for a 9.3 release?

Posted by Tomás Fernández Löbbe <to...@gmail.com>.

Re: Time for a 9.3 release?

Posted by Houston Putman <ho...@apache.org>.
Thanks Alessandro, you should have time. I'm thinking of targeting July 10.

And thanks for marking that a blocker Jan!

- Houston

Re: Time for a 9.3 release?

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.

Re: Time for a 9.3 release?

Posted by Houston Putman <ho...@apache.org>.
Sounds good, as long as the JIRA versions and changelog versions do not
have 9.3, we should be fine.

- Houston

Re: Time for a 9.3 release?

Posted by Eric Pugh <ep...@opensourceconnections.com>.

_______________________

Re: Time for a 9.3 release?

Posted by Houston Putman <ho...@apache.org>.

Re: Time for a 9.3 release?

Posted by Alessandro Benedetti <a....@sease.io>.

Re: Time for a 9.3 release?

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.

Re: Time for a 9.3 release?

Posted by Alessandro Benedetti <a....@sease.io>.

Re: Time for a 9.3 release?

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.
+1, about time now

Re: Time for a 9.3 release?

Posted by Alessandro Benedetti <a....@sease.io>.
Ok, I pushed the last changes and waiting for the tests to be green.
If all goes well, I'll merge the function queries pull request tonight
(London Time).
I'll cherry-pick it as soon as merged!

Re: Time for a 9.3 release?

Posted by Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net>.