Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by elliott sterling <el...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/19 02:16:20 UTC

[users@httpd] 404 rewrite error using special character \

Hello,

My project for this client is such that his directories contain "#" in
the folder names, #test, and other symbols.  The '#' is the only one
that gives me problems because I know its a anchor and htacess ignores
it.  My rewrite code is:

RewriteRule [^\#] \%23

My goal was to convert the '#' to %23 because it works as
example.com/%23test/test.html but not as example.com/#test/test.html.
The error is get is:

The requested URL /# was not found on this server.

So I am on the write track as when i try ^# %23 the # is ignore or
other variations give me 500 error.  Thanks for any help.

Re: [users@httpd] 404 rewrite error using special character \

Posted by Marat Khalili <mk...@rqc.ru>.
What about trying:

RewriteRule ^\# \%2523 [R,L,NE]

? (Not sure if NE is necessary, but it won't hurt.) Let's break the system!

BTW I don't think using # as part of the request path is a good idea, since browsers, libraries and proxies may treat it as fragment delimiter and behave accordingly (for instance, fail to reload page on just fragment change).
--

With Best Regards,
Marat Khalili

Posted by elliott sterling <el...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Igor Cicimov <ic...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Aug 19, 2016 at 12:16 PM, elliott sterling <
elliottlsterling@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> My project for this client is such that his directories contain "#" in
> the folder names, #test, and other symbols.  The '#' is the only one
> that gives me problems because I know its a anchor and htacess ignores
> it.  My rewrite code is:
>
> RewriteRule [^\#] \%23

Try adding NE flag at the end:

RewriteRule ^\# \%23 [R,L,NE]