Posted to pluto-user@portals.apache.org by Eric Dalquist <er...@doit.wisc.edu> on 2007/11/19 00:44:19 UTC

PortletDD & getExpirationCache

I'm working on updating the uPortal trunk to use Pluto 1.1 and have a
question about PortletDD.getExpirationCache()

At PLT.18.1 line 23 the spec says that if a portlet does not set an
expiration cache value in portlet.xml the corresponding request property
should be ignored. Since PortletDD.getExpirationCache() retuns an int
how can I tell if it was set or not?

Thanks,
-Eric

Re: PortletDD & getExpirationCache

Posted by Eric Dalquist <er...@doit.wisc.edu>.
I was thinking the same thing. The most obvious way would be to change
the field to an Integer instead of an int and then a null check could be
made. That would change the public API of the Pluto object model though
and likely wouldn't be desirable.

I would thinking declaring the constant EXPIRATION_CACHE_UNSET =
Integer.MIN_VALUE in the PortletDD object and initializing the
expirationCache to that would be good. I'll find some time today or
tomorrow to create a Jira issue and attach a patch for 1.1.4

-Eric

Re: 1.1.5 release

Posted by Elliot Metsger <em...@jhu.edu>.
Oh wow more stuff popped up :-)  11 issues now!

Great stuff - if there are maintenance type issues that don't have a
1.1.5 "Fix-for" that you'd like to see in 1.1.5 please do update your
Jira issues (as some already have)

Thanks a lot,
Elliot

1.1.5 release