Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Yousef Abu Ulbeh <yu...@ligadata.com> on 2016/02/15 17:36:34 UTC

get Kafka version

Hi,

i am using Kafka with our product and i want to know how we can get kafka
version and staus using java ?

Thanks,

Re: get Kafka version

Posted by "Wollert, Fabian" <fa...@zalando.de>.
you could use JMX to retrieve the version number:

in kafka 0.9 its here: kafka.server:type=app-info,id=<BROKER_ID>
in kafka 0.8 its here: kafka.common:name=Version,type=AppInfo

Cheers
Fabian

> i am using Kafka with our product and i want to know how we can get kafka
> version and staus using java ?

*Fabian Wollert*
Business Intelligence

*Zalando SE*

*POSTAL ADDRESS*
Zalando SE
11501 Berlin

*OFFICE*
Zalando SE
Mollstraße 1
10178 Berlin
Germany

Phone: +49 30 20968 1819
Fax:   +49 30 27594 693
E-Mail: fabian.wollert@zalando.de
Web: www.zalando.de
Jobs: jobs.zalando.de

Zalando SE, Tamara-Danz-Straße 1, 10243 Berlin
Company registration: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 158855 B
Tax ID: 29/560/00596 * VAT registration number: DE 260543043
Management Board: Robert Gentz, David Schneider, Rubin Ritter
Chairperson of the Supervisory Board: Cristina Stenbeck
Registered office: Berlinn