Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Edward Capriolo <ed...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/13 21:55:31 UTC

Should we turn off the apache jenkins/huson builds?

They seem very unreliable at this point. It seems they almost never pass
FAILURE: Integrated in Hive-trunk-hadoop2 #498 (See [
https://builds.apache.org/job/Hive-trunk-hadoop2/498/])
HIVE-5252 - Add ql syntax for inline java code creation (Edward Capriolo
via Brock Noland) (brock:
http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/?root=Apache-SVN&view=rev&rev=1531549)
* /hive/trunk/common/src/java/
org/apache/hadoop/hive/conf/HiveConf.java
* /hive/trunk/ivy/libraries.properties
* /hive/trunk/ql/ivy.xml
*
/hive/trunk/ql/src/java/org/apache/hadoop/hive/ql/processors/CommandProcessorFactory.java
*
/hive/trunk/ql/src/java/org/apache/hadoop/hive/ql/processors/CompileProcessor.java
*
/hive/trunk/ql/src/java/org/apache/hadoop/hive/ql/processors/HiveCommand.java
* /hive/trunk/ql/src/test/queries/clientnegative/compile_processor.q
* /hive/trunk/ql/src/test/queries/clientpositive/compile_processor.q
* /hive/trunk/ql/src/test/results/clientnegative/compile_processor.q.out
* /hive/trunk/ql/src/test/results/clientpositive/compile_processor.q.out

It is also very annoying they post back to the ticket what almost surely is
a false negative test result.

Re: Should we turn off the apache jenkins/huson builds?

Posted by Brock Noland <br...@cloudera.com>.
FYI since there was no feedback I removed the "Update the relevant JIRA"
from the non-Ptest builds.

>From here on out the PTest builds execute on the BigTop Jenkins which makes
them unable to update the JIRA.

Bigtop Jenkins: http://bigtop01.cloudera.org:8080