Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Thomas Neidhart <th...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/02 20:43:24 UTC

[VOTE] Release of Commons Logging 1.1.3 based on RC1

Hi,

I'd like to call a vote for releasing Commons Logging 1.1.3 based on RC1.

This release candidate has the following changes compared to 1.1.2:

 * Change Bundle-SymbolicName in the manifest to
   "org.apache.commons.logging"

The files:

The artifacts are deployed to Nexus:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-163/commons-logging/commons-logging/1.1.3/

Distribution files:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/logging/

The tag:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/logging/tags/LOGGING_1_1_3_RC1/

The site:
http://people.apache.org/builds/commons/logging/1.1.3/RC1/

Additional Notes:

o the download page and api links to older releases only work on
  the published site and will be corrected after release.

Please take a look at the commons-logging-1.1.3 artifacts and vote!

[ ] +1 release it.
[ ] +0 go ahead; I don't care.
[ ] -0 there are a few minor glitches: ...
[ ] -1 no, do not release it because ...

Vote will remain open for at least 72 hours.

Thanks in advance,

Thomas

Re: [VOTE] Release of Commons Logging 1.1.3 based on RC1

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 4:05 PM, Jörg Schaible <jo...@gmx.de> wrote:

> Gary Gregory wrote:
>
> > I say +1
> >
> > BUT...
> > In the MANIFEST.MF, these look good:
> >
> > Implementation-Vendor: The Apache Software Foundation
> > Implementation-Vendor-Id: org.apache
> > Bundle-SymbolicName: org.apache.commons.logging
> > Specification-Vendor: The Apache Software Foundation
> > Bundle-Vendor: The Apache Software Foundation
> >
> > BUT I'd like to see "Apache" added to:
> >
> > Implementation-Title: Commons Logging
> > Specification-Title: Commons Logging
> > Bundle-Name: Commons Logging
> > Bundle-Description: Commons Logging is a thin adapter allowing configu
> >  rable bridging to other,    well known logging systems.
> >
> > So that we have:
> >
> > Implementation-Title: *Apache *Commons Logging
> > Specification-Title: *Apache *Commons Logging
> > Bundle-Name: *Apache *Commons Logging
> > Bundle-Description: *Apache *Commons Logging is a thin adapter allowing
> > configu
> >  rable bridging to other,    well known logging systems.
>
> This is the case for the Manifests in all releases of the other components,
> too. And we use the name in the project summary of each component also
> without the "Apache":
> http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-lang/project-summary.html

It should be fixed there too then. This is not a show-stopper, just an
inconsistency in naming.

Gary

Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
Home: http://garygregory.com/
Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

Re: [VOTE] Release of Commons Logging 1.1.3 based on RC1

Posted by Jörg Schaible <jo...@gmx.de>.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
I say +1

[...]

[CANCEL][VOTE] Release of Commons Logging 1.1.3 based on RC1

Posted by Thomas Neidhart <th...@gmail.com>.
On 05/02/2013 08:43 PM, Thomas Neidhart wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to call a vote for releasing Commons Logging 1.1.3 based on RC1.
>
> This release candidate has the following changes compared to 1.1.2:
>
>  * Change Bundle-SymbolicName in the manifest to
>    "org.apache.commons.logging"
>
> The files:
>
> The artifacts are deployed to Nexus:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-163/commons-logging/commons-logging/1.1.3/
>
> Distribution files:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/logging/
>
> The tag:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/logging/tags/LOGGING_1_1_3_RC1/
>
> The site:
> http://people.apache.org/builds/commons/logging/1.1.3/RC1/
>
> Additional Notes:
>
> o the download page and api links to older releases only work on
>   the published site and will be corrected after release.
>
> Please take a look at the commons-logging-1.1.3 artifacts and vote!

> [ ] +1 release it.
> [ ] +0 go ahead; I don't care.
> [ ] -0 there are a few minor glitches: ...
> [ ] -1 no, do not release it because ...
>
> Vote will remain open for at least 72 hours.

The vote is canceled to fix the ant script with the correct version number.

Posted by Thomas Neidhart <th...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Release of Commons Logging 1.1.3 based on RC1

Posted by Emmanuel Bourg <eb...@apache.org>.
Le 03/05/2013 10:01, Thomas Neidhart a écrit :
> Tbh, I do not know if the ant scripts still work. I also did not touch them
> when doing the 1.1.2 release afair.

It is used to build the Debian package for Commons Logging and it works
well. But the Debian team has to maintain a patch to fix this mistake:

http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/pkg-java/trunk/libcommons-logging-java/debian/patches/04_fix_jarname.patch?revision=16488&view=markup

Emmanuel Bourg

Re: [VOTE] Release of Commons Logging 1.1.3 based on RC1

Posted by Thomas Neidhart <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Emmanuel Bourg <eb...@apache.org>.