Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Chong, Wee-Siong" <ws...@mizzou.edu> on 2000/11/09 17:50:21 UTC

Dynamic XML creation

Hi all:
  I have a newbie question here. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
I saw the documentation in index.html say that there are three steps the
cocoon do the processing

XML creation -
XML processing -
XSL rendering -

I have a jsp that present as a form to the user to create a RSS channel,
when the user filled out the form and submit, I want to display the preview
of what the channel will look like AFTER the rendering
and ask the user confirmation BEFORE the *.xml file had been created.
(I already have an *.xsl file that is required in the processing step on
disk)

My problem is tomcat only recognize the mapping of *.xml in the
cocoon.properties file,
how can I make sure that the tomcat recognize the response from the jsp as
an *.xml file and not *.jsp ?

Is there any API or classes that I can use in the jsp as a bean to do that?

Thanks a lot.

Wee-Siong