Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Miguel Tamayo <bi...@hotmail.com> on 2014/03/13 16:00:36 UTC

OpenOffice Base

Dear Friends:
For the second time I have experienced the following problem with Apache OpenOffice Base: When using this program it freezes and all the data is lost. I am using Apache OpenOffice 4.1, in Windows 7 Ultimate, 64 bit.
There is any place where I can find the lost data: I have spent many hours  in this base And I don’t want to lose it.
Your help/ assistance will be highly appreciated.
Best Regards
Miguel Tamayo

Re: OpenOffice Base

Posted by Martin Groenescheij <ma...@groenescheij.com>.
This is an OpenOffice Forum.
Such strong personal opinions of a database should be discussed in other forums.

Sent from my mobile device.

Re: OpenOffice Base

Posted by Wolfgang Keller <fe...@gmx.net>.

Re: OpenOffice Base

Posted by Ian Whitfield <wh...@telkomsa.net>.
Been there and had ALL the same problems!!! For over two years.

ONLY ONE answer. Start again but this time DO NOT use the embedded
Database engine - use MySQL or equivalent!! It's the only thing to do
and I can tell you the difference is amazing!!

Salvage the data you have from your backup as a CSV file and import it
into your new Database and go from there.

IanW
Pretoria