Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Raghu <s_...@yahoo.com> on 2000/10/24 13:17:53 UTC

Configuration files - A nightmare

Dear friends,

Can someone give me some information on the
configuration files for tomcat.  The XML tags that
have been used there have become a nightmare for me.
\

I am not able to find any type of information about
them.  What is the list of tags, which tag is to be
used for what and so on.  Also, how to use these tags,
which information is to be put onto which file. (
web.xml, server.xml etc. ).

So please tell me that, i'll be obliged.  Links would
do very fine.

Hope to listen from you very soon.

with regards,

raghav..

http://im.yahoo.com/

Re: Configuration files - A nightmare

Posted by Petr Suchomel <ps...@itsignet.cz>.
Servlet API 2.2 spec can answer a lot of question :-)
Petr

Posted by Willie Wheeler <ww...@andrew.cmu.edu>.
For web.xml, as Petr said, check the servlet specs.  server.xml, on the
other hand, is Tomcat-specific, so you won't find it in the servlet specs.
But I think that somebody posted a fairly detailed description of server.xml
to this list about a week or two ago.

	Willie