Posted to general@lucene.apache.org by jellyman <co...@hotmail.com> on 2012/07/17 11:58:40 UTC

Adding lucene dependencies

Hi,

   I'm trying to make a contribution to Solr. I have installed Eclipse and
have the Solr source code opened up. However there are lots of words
underlined in red!
   I've been informed that I must add the Lucene distribution jars using
Ivy-dependencies but I dont have a clue how to do that!
   Can someone please take a lepton like me by the hand and tell me how to
do this?

   I would be most appreciative as all i want to do is make a contribution
to Solr...

Thanks in advance,
jellyman

Re: Adding lucene dependencies

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
:    I'm trying to make a contribution to Solr. I have installed Eclipse and
: have the Solr source code opened up. However there are lots of words
: underlined in red!

If you are new to the Lucene/Solr code base, and would like to get up and
running in Eclipse, please start by looking at the HotToContribute wiki
page...

https://wiki.apache.org/solr/HowToContribute

In particular...

https://wiki.apache.org/solr/HowToContribute#Notes_for_Eclipse_and_the_New_Merged_Lucene.2BAC8-Solr_checkout