Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Scherler, Thorsten" <Th...@weidmueller.de> on 2003/03/19 16:46:42 UTC

Strange behaviour with

Hello group,

I have written a small app which is working fine.
...but as soon as I want my own fonts for fop it is not working (the pdf).

e.g.
<map:serializer name="fo2pdf" src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.FOPSerializer" logger="sitemap.serializer.fo2pdf" mime-type="application/pdf">
<user-config src="global/fonts/ci/config.xml"/>
</map:serializer>

if I have the code like that the I receive:
message UnnamedSelector: ComponentSelector could not find the component for hint [fo2pdf]
description org.apache.avalon.framework.component.ComponentException: UnnamedSelector: ComponentSelector could not find the component for hint [fo2pdf]

...but as soon i put the the <user-config/> in comments (<!---->) it is working allright.

The config.xml is in PATH_to_my_app/global/fonts/ci/config.xml.

Anybody had the problem before?

King regards!

Re: Strange behaviour with

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
Hello Thorsten,

I made the FOPSerializer including fonts working for me on a Cocoon 2.0.4.
What's your Cocoon version?

Scherler, Thorsten wrote:
> Hello group,
>
> I have written a small app which is working fine.
> ...but as soon as I want my own fonts for fop it is not working (the pdf).
>
> e.g.
> <map:serializer name="fo2pdf" src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.FOPSerializer" logger="sitemap.serializer.fo2pdf" mime-type="application/pdf">
> <user-config src="global/fonts/ci/config.xml"/>
> </map:serializer>

It should be configured using
<user-config>context://global/fonts/ci/config.xml</user-config>. The src
attribute is "deprecated".

> if I have the code like that the I receive:
> message UnnamedSelector: ComponentSelector could not find the component for hint [fo2pdf]
> description org.apache.avalon.framework.component.ComponentException: UnnamedSelector: ComponentSelector could not find the component for hint [fo2pdf]

This is no problem I think. But try to set the log level to DEBUG and look
for a line saying that it loads the config.xml or that an error occoured
while loading.

How does your config.xml look like? And what's the FOP version you are
using? There are some things with the configuration in config.xml in newer
releases (>= 0.20.4).

Regards,

Joerg

--

System Development
VIRBUS AG

CeBIT 2003 vom 12. bis zum 19. März in Hannover

VIRBUS stellt gemeinsam mit der IBM-Tochter IT-Services and Solutions
GmbH aus.
Lassen Sie sich überraschen von den neuen, umfassenden Möglichkeiten im
Internet-gestützten Zahlungsverkehr.
Besuchen Sie uns: Halle 3, Stand D55.

Re: Strange behaviour with

Posted by Scherler <th...@wyona.org>.
Hi, that haven't  worked for me neither!

<user-config>fop/config.xml</user-config>

is the way it worked for me!

Hi Thorston,

Re: Strange behaviour with

Posted by Perry Molendijk <xi...@iinet.net.au>.
Hi Thorston,

I had the same problem untill I did this:

<map:serializer mime-type="application/pdf" name="fo2pdf" src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.FOPSerializer">