Posted to user@gobblin.apache.org by archit gupta <a....@gmail.com> on 2017/12/06 11:21:27 UTC

Issue while running gobblin Kafka to HDFS example

Hi,

I am following steps at
http://gobblin.readthedocs.io/en/latest/case-studies/Kafka-HDFS-Ingestion/#job-config-properties

I have built gobblin with ./gradlew -PhadoopVersion=2.7.3
-PhiveVersion=1.0.1 -PgobblinFlavor=standard assemble -Pversion=0.11.0

Also I unpacked gobblin jars to check package, it is gobblin.* instead of
org.apache.gobblin.* so accordingly modified the example

The config file is at
https://gist.github.com/archit90/6fee7417bfe4c454fd5cc9fc924a393b#file-kafka-to-hdfs-job-pull

Running vis command bin/gobblin-standalone.sh  start
I get this error
https://gist.github.com/archit90/6fee7417bfe4c454fd5cc9fc924a393b#file-gobblin-0-11-kafka-hdfs-error-log

Running via command bin/gobblin-mapreduce.sh  start
I get this error
https://gist.github.com/archit90/6fee7417bfe4c454fd5cc9fc924a393b#file-kafka-to-hdfs-mapreduce-error-log

I have Hadoop version 2.8 installed and Kafka version is 0.10.2

How can this be fixed.

Thanks & Regards
Archit Gupta

Re: Issue while running gobblin Kafka to HDFS example

Posted by archit gupta <a....@gmail.com>.
Thanks Sudarshan, I have about hectic today, will try over weekend and
share my findings

Thanks & Regards
Archit Gupta