Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by David Nuescheler <da...@day.com> on 2009/09/15 21:14:12 UTC

JSR-283 passes the Final Approval Ballot

Dear Jackrabbit Community,

I am very pleased to announce that jsr-283 has been approved by the
executive committee of the jcp and is bound to become JCR 2.0 as
a final standard.

I would like to thank everybody for all their efforts in putting the RI & TCK
together and send in all the great feedback to the Expert Group.

Please find below some interesting numbers on JSR-283 ;)

---
  734 issues
 1456 days
   72 individual members of the expert group
   43 organizations represented
    3 ballots of the executive committee of the JCP
   41 yes votes
    0 abstentions
    0 no votes
    5 face-to-face meetings
   76 telephone conferences
  277 pages of spec
   87 interfaces and classes
  522 fields and methods
 1895 testcases in the official TCK
 100% signature coverage of the TCK
------
 2.0 Content Repository for Java Technology API
======

http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=283
http://jcp.org/en/jsr/results?id=4979

--
David Nuescheler
Chief Technology Officer

web:  http://www.day.com/ http://dev.day.com
twitter: @daysoftware

Re: JSR-283 passes the Final Approval Ballot

Posted by Alexander Klimetschek <ak...@day.com>.
On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 12:39, sorel <jo...@geomatys.fr> wrote:
> That's a good news,
>
> Is there a repository where we can get the JCR 2 dependency and the test
> cases classes ?

The JSR-283 work happens here:

https://jsr-283.dev.java.net/

As Jackrabbit is acting as the reference implementation (RI), the
basis of the TCK is in the Jackrabbit trunk:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jackrabbit/trunk/jackrabbit-jcr-tests/

Note that you have to use the official TCK to state JSR compliance.
The final TCK will be made available via the JCP's homepage.

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek
alexander.klimetschek@day.com

Re: JSR-283 passes the Final Approval Ballot

Posted by sorel <jo...@geomatys.fr>.
That's a good news,

Is there a repository where we can get the JCR 2 dependency and the test
cases classes ?

thanks