Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by clearthink <cl...@mediaone.net> on 2001/09/20 03:58:38 UTC

char encoder/decoder

This question has already been asked but
no replies have been forthcoming. how in
the heck is it the case that apache soap
handles all build-ins but not char?

what is the solution? what is the work
around? in my application i keep getting:

No Serializer found to serialize a 'char' using
encoding style 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/'

this is like coming to work with no clothes on!

i thought it was pilot error but when i examined
the API closer, i can see that indeed no serializer/
deserializer is included - although all other built-ins
seem to be.

thanks!
shane

Re: char encoder/decoder

Posted by Heitzso <he...@home.com>.
clearthink wrote:

>This question has already been asked but
>no replies have been forthcoming. how in
>the heck is it the case that apache soap
>handles all build-ins but not char?
>
>what is the solution? what is the work
>around? in my application i keep getting:
>
>No Serializer found to serialize a 'char' using
>encoding style 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/'
>
>this is like coming to work with no clothes on!
>
>i thought it was pilot error but when i examined
>the API closer, i can see that indeed no serializer/
>deserializer is included - although all other built-ins
>seem to be.

shooting from the hip and with no research .... my understanding
is that serializers are prebuilt for objects, while char, in java, is
not an object  --- it is a primitive like int.

I believe you need to wrap you char up in the
object class that corresponds to char and try that.

Re: char encoder/decoder

Posted by Heitzso <he...@home.com>.