Posted to axis-tck@ws.apache.org by sc...@us.ibm.com on 2002/06/27 22:29:29 UTC

TCK Summary with Dim's Changes

With dim's changes Axis now passes the javax_xml_rpc.Service tests.
However, the change that allows GetPortsPosTest2 to pass is not
JSR 101 compliant.  (See below..)

So the question is "Should we change Axis to pass the TCK even if the
change
is not spec compliant ?"

 Test                        Blocking Issue(s)
jaxrpc.api.javax_xml_namespace.QName        ( 7 of  7 PASS)
jaxrpc.api.javax_xml_rpc.Call               (29 of 29 PASS)
jaxrpc.api.javax_xml_rpc.JAXRPCException    ( 5 of  5 PASS)
jaxrpc.api.javax_xml_rpc.NamespaceConstants ( 1 of  1 PASS)
jaxrpc.api.javax_xml_rpc.ParameterMode      ( 1 of  1 PASS)
jaxrpc.api.javax_xml_rpc.Service            (21 of 21 PASS)

 GetPortsPosTest2            TCK:getPorts with no wsdl should throw
ServiceException, but
                                 TCK incorrectly expects a null iterator.
Axis was
                                 changed to also return a null iterator,
which is why
                                 Axis passes this test.

jaxrpc.api.javax_xml_rpc.ServiceException   ( 5 of  5 PASS)
jaxrpc.api.javax_xml_rpc.ServiceFactory     ( 7 of  7 PASS)
jaxrpc.api.javax_xml_rpc.Stub               ( 7 of  8 PASS)

 setPropertyTest5            Axis: Invalid property set

jaxrpc.api.javax_xml_rpc_encoding           (33 of 33 PASS)
jaxrpc.api.javax_xml_rpc_handler.GenericHandler ( 0 of 1 PASS)

 DoGenericHandlerTest        Axis: Deploy client side handlers ?

jaxrpc.api.javax_xml_rpc_handler.Handler    ( 0 of 2 PASS)

 DoHandlerTest1              Axis: No support in Java2WSDL to have multi
ports in service
 DoHandlerTest2              Axis: No support in Java2WSDL to have multi
ports in service

jaxrpc.api.javax_xml_rpc_handler.HandlerInfo ( 8 of 8 PASS)
jaxrpc.api.javax_xml_rpc_handler.HandlerRegistry ( 3 of 3 PASS)
jaxrpc.api.javax_xml_rpc_handler.MessageContext ( 0 of 1 PASS)

 DoMessageContextTest        Axis: Deploy client side handlers ?

jaxrpc.api.javax_xml_rpc_handler_soap.SOAPMessageContext ( 0 of 1 PASS)

 DoSOAPMessageContextTest    Axis: Deploy client side handlers ?

jaxrpc.api.javax_xml_rpc_holders            (60 of 60 PASS)
jaxrpc.api.javax_xml_rpc_server             ( 6 of  6 PASS)
jaxrpc.api.javax_xml_rpc_soap               ( 5 of  5 PASS)

jaxrpc.ee.j2w.attachmentstest               ( 0 of  1 PASS)

 *                           Axis: Java2WSDL can't handle java.awt.Image,
etc.

jaxrpc.ee.j2w.inheritedinterfacetest        ( 0 of  1 PASS)

 InheritedInterfaceTest      Axis: No support in Java2WSDL to have multi
ports in service

jaxrpc.ee.j2w.marshalltest                  ( 1 of  8 PASS)

                             TCK: The MyServiceException.class was not
present
                                  in the original J2WMarshallTest.jar.
This
                                  had to be compiled before running
Java2WSDL.

 MarshallPrimitiveTest       TCK: XML<->Java Id problem.  TCK assumes xml
operation
                             BooleanTest maps to BooleanTest java method.
Axis
                             correctly maps BooleanTest to booleanTest.
 MarshallStandardJavaClassesTest TCK: Same as above with StringTest
 MarshallJavaBeanTest        TCK: Same as above with JavaBeanTest
 MarshallValueTypeTest       TCK: Same as above with ValueTypeTest
 MarshallJavaArrayTest       TCK: Same as above with StringArrayTest
 MarshallJavaMultiArrayTest  TCK: Same as above with StringMultiArrayTest
 MarshallServiceExceptionTest TCK: Same as above with
MyServiceExceptionTest

jaxrpc.ee.j2w.multiinterfacetest            ( 0 of  1 PASS)

 MultiInterfaceTest          Axis: No support in Java2WSDL to have multi
ports in service

jaxrpc.ee.j2w.multiservicetest              ( 1 of  1 PASS)
jaxrpc.ee.j2w.simpletest                    ( 4 of  4 PASS)
jaxrpc.ee.sec                               ( 0 of  6 PASS)

 *                           I_HAVE_NOT_HAND_GEND_THESE_TESTS_YET

jaxrpc.ee.w2j.document                      ( 0 of  4 PASS)

 *                           I_HAVE_NOT_HAND_GEND_THESE_TESTS_YET
                             THERE_ARE_PROBLEMS_WITH_DOC_LIT_MAPPING

jaxrpc.ee.w2j.rpc.encoded.marshalltest      ( 0 of  8 PASS)

 *                           TCK:The TCK depends on each bean being
                                 generated with a full constructor.  This
                                 contracticts the JSR 101 specfication.
                             NOTE: 3 of these 8 tests pass if the full
                                 constructor is generated.

jaxrpc.ee.w2j.rpc.encoded.parametermodetest ( 6 of 11 PASS)

 MixTest                     TCK: TCK/RI has wrong parameter order for
MixText
 InSimpleTypesTest           Axis?: Problem with marshalling Calendar
 InOutSimpleTypesTest        Axis?: Problem with marshalling Calendar
 OutSimpleTypesTest          Axis?: Problem with marshalling Calendar
 InStructTest                TCK: TCK emits getVarBoolean instead of
isVarBoolean

jaxrpc.ee.w2j.rpc.encoded.simpletest        ( 4 of  4 PASS)
jaxrpc.ee.w2j.rpc.encoded.xmlnamemappingtest ( 0 of  2 PASS)

 *                           TCK:The TCK depends on each bean being
                                 generated with a full constructor.  This
                                 contracticts the JSR 101 specfication.
                             TCK: In addition there are problems with the
                                 xml<->java mapping for get<port name>

jaxrpc.sig                                  ( 1 of  1 PASS)

TOTAL                                       (215 of 256 PASS)

Rich 'Shirley' Scheuerle
IBM WebSphere & Axis Web Services Development
512-838-5115  (IBM TL 678-5115)

Re: TCK Summary with Dim's Changes

Posted by Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org>.
Rich 'Shirley' Scheuerle wrote:

 > With dim's changes Axis now passes the javax_xml_rpc.Service tests.
 > However, the change that allows GetPortsPosTest2 to pass is not JSR
 > 101 compliant.  (See below..)
 >
 > So the question is "Should we change Axis to pass the TCK even if the
 > change is not spec compliant ?"

I would say that spec compliance is more important than passing the TCK.

Glen Daniels wrote:

 > Hm.  My personal preference is to leave our code be in places where
 > we think we're doing the right thing and the spec/TCK might be wrong,
 > and take it up with the Sun guys.  The failed test will stand as a
 > reminder of the issue, and we can fix it later depending on the
 > resolution.  I'd rather that than passing the test and then
 > forgetting about the issue or later saying "well what's done is
 > done", especially in cases where the effort to pass the test is a bit
 > more than this example here.

I agree.  Note: we are not going to hear much from Sun either way for a
week as the entire corporation is on mandatory vacation, but immediately
upon their return, we can set up a conference call with Lance and work
through the issues.

My recommendation is that we start numbering our issues (like Rich has
been doing) and then annotate our TCK summaries with these numbers for
every contested failure.

-Sam Ruby