Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Vidar Ramdal <vi...@idium.no> on 2008/01/30 18:52:32 UTC

Cannot build microsling

I'm trying to build microsling by following the instructions in
microsling/README.txt:

>1) Build sling by running "mvn clean install" in the parent directory
 >  of this one.
Done.

> 2) Come back to this directory and build microsling by running
 >  "mvn clean install" here

This gives me a series of compilation failures:
/Users/vramdal/devlibs/sling/microsling/microsling-core/src/main/java/org/apache/sling/microsling/slingservlets/renderers/JsonRendererServlet.java:[28,28]
cannot find symbol
symbol  : class HttpStatusCodeException
location: package org.apache.sling.api

[...]

/Users/vramdal/devlibs/sling/microsling/microsling-core/src/main/java/org/apache/sling/microsling/services/MicroslingServiceLocator.java:[24,37]
cannot find symbol
symbol  : class ServiceNotAvailableException
location: package org.apache.sling.api.services

There are tons of compilation errors, and they all seem to relate to
HttpStatusCodeException or ServiceNotAvailableException.

--
Vidar S. Ramdal <vi...@idium.no> - http://www.idium.no
Akersgata 16, N-0158 Oslo, Norway

Re: Cannot build microsling

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Vidar,

microsling is being abandoned in favor of the new Launchpad. The
Launchpad is basically microsling converted to real sling and the
special servlets migrated to a Sling OSGi bundle. See [1] for more
details of setting this up.

Hope, this helps.

Regards
Felix

[1]
http://incubator.apache.org/sling/site/discover-sling-in-15-minutes.html

Re: Cannot build microsling

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Jan 30, 2008 6:52 PM, Vidar Ramdal <vi...@idium.no> wrote:
> I'm trying to build microsling by following the instructions in
> microsling/README.txt:...

Sorry about that - I have updated the microsling README files to refer
people to the Launchpad.

-Bertrand