Posted to user@flink.apache.org by sunfulin <su...@163.com> on 2020/01/10 05:50:08 UTC

Null result cannot be used for atomic types

Hi, I am running a Flink app while reading Kafka records with JSON format. And the connect code is like the following:

tableEnv.connect(

    new Kafka()

                .version(kafkaInstance.getVersion())

                .topic(chooseKafkaTopic(initPack.clusterMode))

                .property("bootstrap.servers", kafkaInstance.getBrokerList())

                .property("group.id", initPack.jobName)

                .startFromEarliest()

).withSchema(

    new Schema()

            // EVENT_TIME

            .field("rowtime", Types.SQL_TIMESTAMP).rowtime(

                new Rowtime()

                    .timestampsFromField("time")

                    .watermarksPeriodicBounded(1000)

            )

            .field("type", Types.STRING)

            .field("event", Types.STRING)

            .field("user_id", Types.STRING)

            .field("distinct_id", Types.STRING)

            .field("project", Types.STRING)

            .field("recv_time", Types.SQL_TIMESTAMP)

            .field("properties", Types.ROW_NAMED(

                    new String[] { "BROWSER_VERSION", "pathname", "search", "eventType", "message", "stack", "componentStack" },

                    Types.STRING, Types.STRING, Types.STRING, Types.STRING, Types.STRING, Types.STRING, Types.STRING)

            )

).withFormat(

    new Json().failOnMissingField(false)

            .deriveSchema()

)

.inAppendMode()

.registerTableSource(getTableName());

However, the application throws the following Exception which really confused me. From the code above, the field types are only Types.STRING or Types.SQL_TIMESTAMP.

Not sure which data field can run to this. Wanner some help from community.

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: Null result cannot be used for atomic types.

 at DataStreamSinkConversion$5.map(Unknown Source)

 at org.apache.flink.table.runtime.CRowMapRunner.map(CRowMapRunner.scala:55)

 at org.apache.flink.table.runtime.CRowMapRunner.map(CRowMapRunner.scala:34)

 at org.apache.flink.streaming.api.operators.StreamMap.processElement(StreamMap.java:41)

 at org.apache.flink.streaming.runtime.tasks.OperatorChain$CopyingChainingOutput.pushToOperator(OperatorChain.java:579)

 at org.apache.flink.streaming.runtime.tasks.OperatorChain$CopyingChainingOutput.collect(OperatorChain.java:554)

 at org.apache.flink.streaming.runtime.tasks.OperatorChain$CopyingChainingOutput.collect(OperatorChain.java:534)

 at org.apache.flink.streaming.api.operators.AbstractStreamOperator$CountingOutput.collect(AbstractStreamOperator.java:718)

 at org.apache.flink.streaming.api.operators.AbstractStreamOperator$CountingOutput.collect(AbstractStreamOperator.java:696)

 at org.apache.flink.streaming.api.operators.TimestampedCollector.collect(TimestampedCollector.java:51)

 at org.apache.flink.table.runtime.CRowWrappingCollector.collect(CRowWrappingCollector.scala:37)

 at org.apache.flink.table.runtime.CRowWrappingCollector.collect(CRowWrappingCollector.scala:28)

 at DataStreamSourceConversion$2.processElement(Unknown Source)

 at org.apache.flink.table.runtime.CRowOutputProcessRunner.processElement(CRowOutputProcessRunner.scala:70)

 at org.apache.flink.streaming.api.operators.ProcessOperator.processElement(ProcessOperator.java:66)

Re:Re: Null result cannot be used for atomic types

Posted by sunfulin <su...@163.com>.
Hi,
Thanks for the reply. Tends out that I am using table2datastream and tableEnv.sqlUpdate in the seem time and the exception thus is thrown. My mistake.

At 2020-01-10 17:11:02, "Jingsong Li" <ji...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi sunfulin,

Looks like the error is happened in sink instead of source.

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: Null result cannot be used for atomic types.

 at DataStreamSinkConversion$5.map(Unknown Source)

So the point is how did you write to sink. Can you share these codes?

Best,

Jingsong Lee

On Fri, Jan 10, 2020 at 2:58 PM godfrey he <go...@gmail.com> wrote:

hi sunfulin,

which flink version are you using ?

best,
godfrey

sunfulin <su...@163.com> 于2020年1月10日周五 下午1:50写道:

--

Best, Jingsong Lee

Re: Null result cannot be used for atomic types

Posted by Jingsong Li <ji...@gmail.com>.
Hi sunfulin,

Posted by godfrey he <go...@gmail.com>.
hi sunfulin,