Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by John Fleming <jo...@wa9als.com> on 2004/02/25 03:20:47 UTC

Some not filtered?

I didn't get anywhere with this before and want to try again.

99% of my mail gets the expected evaluation by SA.  However, most days there
are a few msgs that are apparently not filtered by SA.  Please look at the
headers below.  This email was received at another server (at
churchquest.com) and then forwarded to my server at wa9als.com.  Churchquest
is apparently running mailscanner (and SA?) and you see the comments.
However, there are no headers added by my server's SA.  This is the
exception.  The usual thing for a forwarded email like this one is that my
SA's headers appear below those added by the other server's evaluations.

So why does an occasional mail like the one below escape evaluation by my
SA?  It obviously gets to my server, but no headers from my SA.  Thanks - SA
is so great, but I have to understand why these get past.  - John

To: <an...@1umc.net>
From: "bernie" <co...@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 13:54:08 GMT
Sender: ev1andun@hotmail.com