Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Laurent Perez <ha...@gmail.com> on 2004/09/01 09:47:21 UTC

Layout and presentation questions

Hello

I am willing to use Lenya to build my company's website, because we
already use a Cocoon-based business platform and we think sticking
with Cocoon for CMS contents is the right path. I did install the
incubated 1.2 version and played abit with the default publication
model, which is what I intend to build our website upon.

However I'm not so familiar with xsl/css handmade editing, and I would
like to use Dreamweaver to create the global layout (I need to add
simple objects to the default publication like a few tables and
images). I found the
http://cocoon.apache.org/lenya/docs/components/layout/xhtml-templating.html
document but I'm not understanding how to "load" the xhtml document
bundled with placeholders (I just need to put navigation+article ones)
from Dreamweaver into Lenya, described on Step 2). Do I have to use
the page2xhtml.xsl  ? I did not find where these placeholders are
being parsed.

Thanks for any help :)

Re: Layout and presentation questions

Posted by Jean Pierre LeJacq <jp...@quoininc.com>.
On Wed, 1 Sep 2004, Laurent Perez wrote:

> However I'm not so familiar with xsl/css handmade editing, and I would
> like to use Dreamweaver to create the global layout (I need to add
> simple objects to the default publication like a few tables and
> images). I found the
> http://cocoon.apache.org/lenya/docs/components/layout/xhtml-templating.html
> document but I'm not understanding how to "load" the xhtml document
> bundled with placeholders (I just need to put navigation+article ones)
> from Dreamweaver into Lenya, described on Step 2). Do I have to use
> the page2xhtml.xsl  ? I did not find where these placeholders are
> being parsed.

The default publication doesn't use the template approach so you
will have to create your own pipeline.  You'll then write your own
transformer that replaces the placeholders.

--
JP