Posted to dev@taverna.apache.org by Ian Dunlop <ia...@manchester.ac.uk> on 2015/07/29 15:59:27 UTC

[DISCUSS] Release Apache Taverna Parent 1-incubating-RC4 & Apache Taverna Language 0.15.0-incubating RC4

Re: [DISCUSS] Release Apache Taverna Parent 1-incubating-RC4 & Apache Taverna Language 0.15.0-incubating RC4

Posted by "Pierce, Marlon" <ma...@iu.edu>.
Great‹see http://incubator.apache.org/guides/release.html for a release
checklist that voters should go through.

Marlon

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
Sure - good test the committer has committing sorted out :-)

The team page on the website is also important.

	Andy

PS

Interesting choice!

Posted by "Pierce, Marlon" <ma...@iu.edu>.

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Pierce, Marlon" <ma...@iu.edu>.

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
> Great!
>
> Andy - could you have a look at my fix for
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAVERNA-864 ?

Looks good to me,

(I personally would not reply on auto-generated NOTICE but that's just me!)

	Andy

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>.
Great!

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes
http://orcid.org/0000-0001-9842-9718

Re: [DISCUSS] Release Apache Taverna Parent 1-incubating-RC4 & Apache Taverna Language 0.15.0-incubating RC4

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
On 07/08/15 14:54, Pierce, Marlon wrote:
> Hi Andy, if your JIRAs were resolved, would you vote +1 for the release?
> This leaves the release with only 1 binding vote short from the Incubator
> PMC.

Seems reasonable - yes.

	Andy

Posted by "Pierce, Marlon" <ma...@iu.edu>.

Posted by Ian Dunlop <ia...@manchester.ac.uk>.

Hello,

Thanks Andy. I think I have got it to work now via Thunderbird. I
found the required settings here
https://reference.apache.org/committer/email#sendingemailfromyourapacheo
rgemailaddress

Cheers,

Ian

On 12/08/2015 21:06, Andy Seaborne wrote:
> On 12/08/15 16:49, Ian Dunlop wrote: Hello,
>

> "Hi. This is the qmail-send program at apache.org. I'm afraid I
> wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
> This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work
> out.
>
> <an...@apache.org>: Must be sent from an @apache.org address."
>
> What magic do I have to do to get this to work?
>
>> SMTP via mail-relay.apache.org with Apache user/password.
>
>> Ways to do this:
>
>> 1/ Log in people.apache.org and send from there.  Old skool
>> mailx.
>
>> 2/ Set your email to use that SMTP server
>
>> Andy
>

> Cheers,
>
> Ian

/t

> averna/

/.

> I'll give it the 24 hours as stated in the our docs for the mirrors

Yes - and the VOTE comment.

mbo

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ian Dunlop <ia...@manchester.ac.uk>.

<an...@apache.org>:
Must be sent from an @apache.org address."

What magic do I have to do to get this to work?

Cheers,

Ian

On 11/08/15 16:20, Pierce, Marlon wrote:
> Yes, announce@apache.org, general@incubator.apache.org,and
> users@taverna would be good.
>
> On 8/11/15, 11:14 AM, "Ian Dunlop" <ia...@manchester.ac.uk>
> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> The maven repo has been released from staging
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/releases/org/apache
/t

averna/

Posted by "Pierce, Marlon" <ma...@iu.edu>.

Posted by Ian Dunlop <ia...@manchester.ac.uk>.

Posted by Ian Dunlop <ia...@manchester.ac.uk>.

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Pierce, Marlon" <ma...@iu.edu>.

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
Marlon,

Posted by "Pierce, Marlon" <ma...@iu.edu>.
Yes, will do so.

Posted by Ian Dunlop <ia...@manchester.ac.uk>.

Re: [DISCUSS] Release Apache Taverna Parent 1-incubating-RC4 & Apache Taverna Language 0.15.0-incubating RC4

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Pierce, Marlon" <ma...@iu.edu>.
You should include a pointer to the archived [DISCUSS] about the release.

Marlon

Posted by Ian Dunlop <ia...@manchester.ac.uk>.

Re: [DISCUSS] Release Apache Taverna Parent 1-incubating-RC4 & Apache Taverna Language 0.15.0-incubating RC4

Posted by alaninmcr <al...@googlemail.com>.
On 04/08/2015 14:06, Pierce, Marlon wrote:
> The vote has been open at least 72 hours, and you have several +1s as well
> a -0 from a mentor.  What is your next step?

Ian said the vote would "close at midnight GMT on 4 August 2015." So not
long to go now :)

> Marlon

Alan

Re: [DISCUSS] Release Apache Taverna Parent 1-incubating-RC4 & Apache Taverna Language 0.15.0-incubating RC4

Posted by "Pierce, Marlon" <ma...@iu.edu>.

Posted by "Pierce, Marlon" <ma...@iu.edu>.
Extending beyond 72 hours is fine.  I suggest giving a specific extension
period.  Or better, get one more vote.

Posted by Ian Dunlop <ia...@manchester.ac.uk>.

Re: [DISCUSS] Release Apache Taverna Parent 1-incubating-RC4 & Apache Taverna Language 0.15.0-incubating RC4

Posted by Ian Dunlop <ia...@manchester.ac.uk>.

Re: [DISCUSS] Release Apache Taverna Parent 1-incubating-RC4 & Apache Taverna Language 0.15.0-incubating RC4

Posted by "Pierce, Marlon" <ma...@iu.edu>.
24 hours to go and no votes, and no responses to my minor questions?  Not
a good sign.  The release looks good to me, and Ian has done a lot of work
to get things in the standard Apache release format.