Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Marios Skounakis <ms...@exis.com.gr> on 2006/04/08 10:19:00 UTC

Compass Framework

Hi all,

I recently came across the Compass Framework, which is built on top of lucene. I
am interested in it because it stores the lucene index in an RDBMS and provides
transaction support for index updates (it also has several other features but
this is the part I'm mostly interested in).

I wanted to know if any people here have had any experience with compass and what
they think about it. Is the database implementation of the index fast enough and
does it introduce any additional issues/problems?

Thanks in advance,
Marios
---- Msg sent via eXis webmail

Re: Compass Framework

Posted by Chris Lu <ch...@gmail.com>.
As far as I know, Compass Framework does not store index into
database. It just index data when data pass Hibernate, iBatis, or
other layer.

So if you use these layers in your code, you can use Compass.

Chris Lu
--------------------------------------
Full-Text Lucene Search on Any Databases
http://www.dbsight.net
Faster to setup than reading marketing materials!

We are looking for Lucene Developer in Pune-India

Posted by satish <sa...@better-marketing.com>.
Hello,

We are looking forward to add Lucene/J2EE developer to our core engineering
team at Betterlabs, Pune India. Interested one can send your resume to
careers@betterlabs.net.

Regards
Satish

Re: Compass Framework