Posted to dev@tinkerpop.apache.org by Thomas Efer <ef...@informatik.uni-leipzig.de> on 2016/08/19 12:55:39 UTC

Request for graphic usage permission (Gremlin-Illustrations)

Dear Apache TinkerPop community,

my name is Thomas Efer and I am a researcher in the field of Natural
Language Processing at the University of Leipzig, Germany. A while ago, (in
the pre-Apache days of TinkerPop) I wrote an internal research prototype /
educational tool for graph data analysis ("Gremlin's Property Graph Lab")
in which I included two of the Gremlin illustrations. The software is not
public (and probably never will be, mainly for the lack of time to fix
REPL-related security issues - and eventually there will be newer and
better tools for teaching property graph & traversal basics anyway, like
Gremlin-Bin...)

With this message I would like to ask for your permission to reproduce a
screenshot of said program within my dissertation thesis about "Graph
Databases for Text Representation in the e-Humanities" (German language).
The document will be available free of charge and I would include the
needed copyright information for the image, in a way that does not suggest
any endorsement of Apache Tinkerpop.

The images in question are:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tinkerpop/site/docs/3.0.0-i
ncubating/images/gremlin-running.png (non-dressed-up)
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tinkerpop/site/docs/3.0.0-i
ncubating/images/gremlin-lab-coat.png (whole character scene)

Thank you for considering my request! Please let me know if you need more
details.

Best Regards

Thomas Efer

--

Thomas Efer M.Sc
Abteilung Automatische Sprachverarbeitung

Re: Request for graphic usage permission (Gremlin-Illustrations)

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.
Second. +1

Hadrian

Posted by Marko Rodriguez <ok...@gmail.com>.