Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org> on 2006/03/09 20:49:03 UTC

versioning old docu

El jue, 09-03-2006 a las 12:47 +1100, David Crossley escribió:
> > BTW why do we versioning old docu? ;)
>
> Please explain what you mean.

Older Docs:
http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_80/primer.html
http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_70/primer.html

As well:
Libre
Dream list
CVS over SSH

Since they are older docs they will not be edited {forrest-version}
specific any more.

Meaning we should move them out of the versioned docs.

salu2
--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"
Hey you (Pink Floyd)

Re: versioning old docu

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> El jue, 09-03-2006 a las 12:47 +1100, David Crossley escribió:
>
>>>BTW why do we versioning old docu? ;)
>>
>>Please explain what you mean.
>

> Older Docs:
> http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_80/primer.html
> http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_70/primer.html
>
> As well:
> Libre
> Dream list
> CVS over SSH
>
> Since they are older docs they will not be edited {forrest-version}
> specific any more.
>
> Meaning we should move them out of the versioned docs.

Yeah, you are right. I recall that when David and Ferdinand spent a
whole rotation of the planet sorting out the versioned docs they
summarised their work by stating that (paraphrasing) "it's not perfect
and we need to ensure that everything is in the right place".

Ross

Re: versioning old docu

Posted by Tim Williams <wi...@gmail.com>.
On 3/9/06, Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org> wrote:
> El jue, 09-03-2006 a las 12:47 +1100, David Crossley escribió:
> > > BTW why do we versioning old docu? ;)
> >
> > Please explain what you mean.
>
> Older Docs:
> http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_80/primer.html
> http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_70/primer.html
>
> As well:
> Libre
> Dream list
> CVS over SSH
>
> Since they are older docs they will not be edited {forrest-version}
> specific any more.

Shucks, I thought you meant "why do we version older docs":
version==svn  && older docs==user docs.  I thought it was an odd
question.  I reckon my reply seems odd now;)

> Meaning we should move them out of the versioned docs.

+1

--tim