Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Dennis Riedel <de...@web.de> on 2005/06/28 15:47:35 UTC

Cocoon 2.1.7 and XML-RPC. Handle client requests through cocoon.

Hello
I am just investigation wether it is possible to make cocoon work as an
xml-rpc server with the xml-rpc.jar included in the cocoon dist. Using
HTTP cocoon should be able to identify a pipeline and give it right to
the xml-rpc server (perhaps streamgenerator can get the xml from the
HTTP Body).

Has anyone some ideas or experience in that and can give me some
examples or links I can follow up?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Dennis

Re: Cocoon 2.1.7 and XML-RPC. Handle client requests through cocoon.

Posted by Sebastien Arbogast <se...@gmail.com>.
>  Hello Sebastien
>  Thanks for your update on that Wiki Page. Your approach is very
> interesting. The way to provide the xml to the flowscript through a
> streamgenerator seems similar for XML-RPC.
>  I found two classes in XML-RPC Package that could be called through a
> Flowscript (WebServer, XMLRpcServer) to handle the rpc and generate a
> request.
>  The same I thought of the Axis classes SoapServerImpl and AxisRPCReader but
> haven`t followed up this yet.

Yes I know about that SoapServerImpl but I've never understood how to
use it and never got help so I had to tinker that myself.

>  Do you think it could compile faster to write an apple instead of
> flowscript? I mean, I do not need any Continuation Features here so why
> relying on flowscript.

I know nothing about apples or javaflow. There isn't any documentation
about it anywhere and it seems too experimental for my application.
That and the fact that flowscript is interpreted are the reasons why I
chose flowscript. But of course it would certainly be easier with Java
code.

--
Sébastien Arbogast

WebCV : http://www.sebastien-arbogast.com
The Epseelon Project : http://www.epseelon.org

Re: Cocoon 2.1.7 and XML-RPC. Handle client requests through cocoon.

Posted by Dennis Riedel <de...@web.de>.
Hello Sebastien

Posted by Sebastien Arbogast <se...@gmail.com>.