Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/15 20:55:06 UTC

branches/2.1 update

All,
I started thinking about updating branches/2.1 to use the new 6.0.20
Tomcat that we're building.

This would include updating genesis version, and probably a few
additional changes. I'd like to keep changes to a minimum. However,
think it would be good to use the new Tomcat generation technique.

Anybody have problems with this?

--kevan

Re: branches/2.1 update

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Jul 21, 2009, at 5:56 AM, Shawn Jiang wrote:

> Adding a apache-snapshot as plugin repository could resolve this
> problem.
>
>     <pluginRepositories>
>         <pluginRepository>
>             <id>apache-snapshots</id>
>             <name>Apache Snapshots Repository</name>
>             <url>http://repository.apache.org/snapshots</url>
>             <layout>default</layout>
>             <snapshots>
>                 <enabled>true</enabled>
>                 <updatePolicy>daily</updatePolicy>
>                 <checksumPolicy>ignore</checksumPolicy>
>             </snapshots>
>             <releases>
>                 <enabled>false</enabled>
>             </releases>
>         </pluginRepository>
>     </pluginRepositories>

Thanks for the pointer, Shawn. Works for me.

--kevan

Re: branches/2.1 update

Posted by Shawn Jiang <ge...@gmail.com>.
Adding a apache-snapshot as plugin repository could resolve this problem.

    <pluginRepositories>
        <pluginRepository>
            <id>apache-snapshots</id>
            <name>Apache Snapshots Repository</name>
            <url>http://repository.apache.org/snapshots</url>
            <layout>default</layout>
            <snapshots>
                <enabled>true</enabled>
                <updatePolicy>daily</updatePolicy>
                <checksumPolicy>ignore</checksumPolicy>
            </snapshots>
            <releases>
                <enabled>false</enabled>
            </releases>
        </pluginRepository>
    </pluginRepositories>

I think It should be a defect of MAVEN. But anyway, we should add the plugin
repository to workaround this problem for now.

--
Shawn

Re: branches/2.1 update

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.

Re: branches/2.1 update

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.
I ran into build problems like the automated 2.1 build, as I didn't
build the new Tomcat artifacts locally and the snapshot resolution seems
to be broken due to using unique timestamps for the deployed artifacts....

-Donald

Re: branches/2.1 update

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.

Re: branches/2.1 update