Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Gerhard Froehlich <g-...@gmx.de> on 2001/10/20 00:36:07 UTC

[C2RC1a] new Store component: FilesystemQueue

Hi cocooners,
fresh from long holidays I wrote a new component.
A queue for storing objects onto the filesystem.

In the past the MRUMemoryStore implemented this
functionality.
This was a waste of System resources, because when
three MRUMemoryStores where active, each of them
had a thread, which writes the objects onto fs. Now
it`s more centralized per this component. (Like the
StoreJanitor). Now the MRUMemoryStore has no Threads
anymore!
I hope it can improve the performance
of cocoon2!

Further I did some performance improvments in
the MRUMemoryStore class.

Feel free to use it

Greets Gerhard

RE: [C2RC1a] new Store component: FilesystemQueue

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@sundn.de>.
Hi Gerhard,

thanks for your patch. It's applied to the 2.1 cvs.

Please cross-check.

Carsten