Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Johan Adelöw <jo...@corustechnologies.com> on 2001/09/28 11:10:39 UTC

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError with Ant1.4 on jdk1.3

Hi!

I recently switched from ant 1.3 to ant 1.4. Now my large builds fail with
the message:

On win2000 (build 1.3.1-b24):
java.lang.outofmemoryError
<<no stack trace available>>

On Solaris (jdk1.3.1_01):
Exception in thread main

I´ve tried to increase the java memory parameters but without sucess. Is
this a bug in ant1.4 since it works with ant 1.3.

/Johan

Corus Quicklink is a tool that automates the integration process and allows
you to
build, maintain and develop a flexible integration platform that will make
you more successful in the connected economy.

E-mail: johan.adelow@corustechnologies.com
Direct: +46-8-678 80 60
Mobile: +46-70-563 13 97
Office: +46-8-4403860 (Always open)
Home page: www.corustechnologies.com

RE: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError with Ant1.4 on jdk1.3

Posted by Johan Adelow <jo...@corustechnologies.com>.
I?ve now found out that ant works on Linux and Win2000 with jdk1.3.1 if I
use the -classic option for the JVM but that option isn?t avaliable on
Solaris.

I have used
  -ms64m -mx521m
as parameters to ANT_OPTS.

Actually ant 1.3 does not work either if I use jdk1.3.1_01 (latest release
of 1.3 for Sun Solaris)

/Johan

Posted by Diane Holt <ho...@yahoo.com>.

=====