Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de> on 2003/01/23 09:18:19 UTC

RE: HAPPY BIRTHDAY ....

Happy Birthday, Giacomo!

(Hey, we can be the first community that has a thread going on for years by
simply exchanging birthday wishes - so we can make it in the guiness book,
I guess).

:)
Carsten

Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY ....

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch>.
Sylvain Wallez wrote:
 >. . .
> What about adding to the docs a "birthday.xml" validated by
> "birthday.dtd" and handled by the appropriate forrest skin ?

You'd have to be very careful with the DTD as I suspect some alien life
forms to be active in this project. How could it be otherwise?

So make sure you account for multiple birthdates and out-of-earth
calendars...

;-)
Bertrand

Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY ....

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@dff.st>.
> What about adding to the docs a "birthday.xml" validated by
> "birthday.dtd" and handled by the appropriate forrest skin ?

or we just add just another attribute in the who.xml?
--
Torsten

RE: HAPPY BIRTHDAY ....

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
And another:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

(Has someone kept the count?)

Carsten

Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY ....

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch>.

Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY ....

Posted by Michael Melhem <mi...@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net>.
On Wed, Jan 29, 2003 at 03:48:50PM +0100, Torsten Curdt wrote:
> >Yep. The "who we are" page should point these home pages, and we could
> >include in these pages some FOAF [1] information.
>
> Cool!
>
> >>HAPPY BIRTHDAY PIER!!!  :-D
>
> Same from me - Happy Birthday! :)
>
> >HAPPY BIRTHDAY !! (and the thread goes on !)

Happy Birthday Pier!!!

Perhaps we should have a mailing list dedicated purely to birthdays? ;)

Michael

Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY ....

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@dff.st>.

Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY ....

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@anyware-tech.com>.
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>
>> Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>>
>>> What about adding to the docs a "birthday.xml" validated by
>>> "birthday.dtd" and handled by the appropriate forrest skin ?
>>

>> What was that joke about every program evolving until it's able to
>> send email? (we reached that stage ages ago, to be quite honest)...
>>
>> here we could have a joke about anything growing into an xml file
>> with a validation schema an a presentation stylesheet.
>>
>> but didn't we want the committers bio pages? those would be perfect
>> to host that data.
>

> Yes, there is a small thought about it on forrest-dev. IMHO the best
> thing is to make each person put his bios (hahaha) where he wants, and
> Forrest could be used for it. Since there are so many cross-project
> committers, having a link to that page from each project IMHO makes
> more sense...

Yep. The "who we are" page should point these home pages, and we could
include in these pages some FOAF [1] information. FOAF doesn't seem to
currently include the birth date, but since it's an ongoing spec, we
could ask for its inclusion. We could even have RSS-like FOAF
auto-discovery in the index.html page !

> HAPPY BIRTHDAY PIER!!!  :-D

HAPPY BIRTHDAY !! (and the thread goes on !)

Sylvain

[1] http://rdfweb.org/foaf/

Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY ....

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>
>> What about adding to the docs a "birthday.xml" validated by
>> "birthday.dtd" and handled by the appropriate forrest skin ?
>
> What was that joke about every program evolving until it's able to send
> email? (we reached that stage ages ago, to be quite honest)...
>
> here we could have a joke about anything growing into an xml file with a
> validation schema an a presentation stylesheet.
>
> but didn't we want the committers bio pages? those would be perfect to
> host that data.

Yes, there is a small thought about it on forrest-dev. IMHO the best
thing is to make each person put his bios (hahaha) where he wants, and
Forrest could be used for it. Since there are so many cross-project
committers, having a link to that page from each project IMHO makes more
sense...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PIER!!!  :-D

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY ....

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.

Stefano Mazzocchi                               <st...@apache.org>

Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY ....

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@anyware-tech.com>.
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> Happy birthday, Giacaomo!

Happy birthday Giacomo !

Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY ....

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch>.
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> Happy birthday, Giacaomo!

That's Giacomo of course, sorry about that.

-Bertraond

(GuinnessBookCounter++ by the way)

Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY ....

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch>.
Happy birthday, Giacaomo!

Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY ....

Posted by Christian Haul <ha...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>.
On 23.Jan.2003 -- 09:20 AM, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> >Happy Birthday, Giacomo!
>
> +1
>
> >(Hey, we can be the first community that has a thread going on for years by
> >simply exchanging birthday wishes - so we can make it in the guiness book,
> >I guess).
> >
> >:)

+1 Happy Birthday!

	Chris.
--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l
haul@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de

Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY ....

Posted by Konstantin Piroumian <kp...@apache.org>.
> >> Happy Birthday, Giacomo!
> >

> > +1
>
> +1

+1

> >> (Hey, we can be the first community that has a thread going on for
> >> years by
> >> simply exchanging birthday wishes - so we can make it in the guiness
> >> book,
> >> I guess).
> >>
> >> :)
> >
> > Yeah! :-D
>
> lol
>
> <rumor>
> "...have you heard about this small community just sending birthday
> wishes around - I guess they are called 'cocooners' or something...

And that started on the old days when programs were written by hand..."

--
  Konstantin

Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY ....

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@dff.st>.
>> Happy Birthday, Giacomo!
>

> +1

+1

Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY ....

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.

Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Happy Birthday, Giacomo!

+1

> (Hey, we can be the first community that has a thread going on for years by
> simply exchanging birthday wishes - so we can make it in the guiness book,
> I guess).
>
> :)

Yeah! :-D

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

RE: HAPPY BIRTHDAY ....

Posted by Giacomo Pati <gi...@apache.org>.
Thanks you all guys!

I was away for some weeks and am working up the backlog now :(

Giacomo