Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Kevin Jackson <fo...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/17 19:21:47 UTC

FTP Consumer error 421

Hi,

I have a polling ftp consumer and I'm seeing FTP Error 421 in the logs.

http://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/CAMEL-2165

This issue seems to suggest that the consumer will just retry, but
that the bug was with the producer.

Kev

Re: FTP Consumer error 421

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 7:21 PM, Kevin Jackson <fo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a polling ftp consumer and I'm seeing FTP Error 421 in the logs.
>
> http://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/CAMEL-2165
>
> This issue seems to suggest that the consumer will just retry, but
> that the bug was with the producer.

Is the file fully transferred before the FTP error 421 occurs?

Another user had an issue like that (cant remember the error no) but
the file was always fully transferred.
It was due to their network infrastructure being a bit stressed.

Anyway if the file is fully transferred I think you should report the
error at Apache Commons Net (the FTP project).

I have though about adding a custom listener to the FTP client which
reports the progress of the transfer. If it reaches 100%
then maybe we could ignore that exception in Camel.

--
Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer

Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/