Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by "Ding, Chengmin" <Ch...@tfn.com> on 2001/06/08 00:41:09 UTC

VB/Apache problem-- void Java method always cause VB Client to fa il.

Hi, All,
I am using a VB client to invoke an Apache Web service.
The service I am using doesn't return any thing, so inside the service it is
a void function.
The VB client tried to invoke this service via the following call
	soapclient.updateVIS(BatchID)
But it always caused the following error in VB:
	automation error
	unspecified error
I checked the return envelop and it looks fine(please see below). And on the
server side the service has performed the correct update operation. Then I
changed the updateVIS service to return a string and everything works fine.
So I want to know whether any of you
have encountered a similar problem? Does MS SOAP always requires a
Request/Response message model? It looks like the Request only way doesn't
work.
Any of your input is highly appreciated.

Thanks.

-Chengmin

HTTP/1.0 200 OK
Set-Cookie: JSESSIONID=bgfuf4h5b1;Path=/soap

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<SOAP-ENV:Envelope
<SOAP-ENV:Body>
<ns1:updateVISResponse xmlns:ns1="urn:sendvis-service"
</ns1:updateVISResponse>
</SOAP-ENV:Body>
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>