Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2003/08/13 15:59:51 UTC

.NET tasks and Mono

I've played some more with it (see my last commit).

testCSC, testCSCintrinsicFileset and testCSCdll pass.

testCSCReferences fails with

      [csc] error CS2001: Source file '/D:RELEASE;def3;' could not be opened

my wild guess is, it's the trailing semicolon here as well.  Will try
to verify.

All ilasm tests fail with

    [ilasm] compiling 2 files
    [ilasm] Mono ILasm compiler
    [ilasm] ilasm [options] source-files
    [ilasm]    --about            About the Mono ILasm compiler
    [ilasm]    --version          Print the version number of the Mono ILasm compiler
    [ilasm]    /out:file_name     Specifies output file.
    [ilasm]    /exe               Compile to executable.
    [ilasm]    /dll               Compile to library.
    [ilasm] Options can be of the form -option or /option

which means it probably doesn't like the /nolist (but wouldn't like
/listing either) - same for /quiet (which I could get rid of using
verbose) and /debug (afain, degug="false" would help).

Stefan

Re: .NET tasks and Mono

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 13 Aug 2003, Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Could you provide the source so we can run the CSharp Compiler and
> see the errors on our own box?

I've been running ant on the build file you can find as
src/etc/testcases/taskdefs/optional/dotnet.xml using a freshly
bootstraped CVS HEAD version of Ant and Mono 0.25 (using Ximian's RPM
for RedHat 7.3).

Stefan

Re: .NET tasks and Mono

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Stefan-
Could you provide the source so we can run the CSharp Compiler and see the
errors on our own box?
-Martin

Re: .NET tasks and Mono

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com>.
Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On 13 Aug 2003, Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> wrote:
>

>>testCSCReferences fails with
>>
>>      [csc] error CS2001: Source file '/D:RELEASE;def3;' could not
>>      be opened
>>
>>my wild guess is, it's the trailing semicolon here as well.  Will
>>try to verify.
>

> OK, the trailing semi has not been the reason (at least not the only
> reason).  If I change DotnetCompile to use /d: instead of /D: it works
> for me.  Will it break Microsoft's csc?

Go for it. MSC is case independent, being a windows toy and all, (I
think). Change it and I'll let you know if it breaks

Re: .NET tasks and Mono

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.