Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Hamed Ghavamnia <gh...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/02 13:22:19 UTC

hbase Multi Node Setup

Hi,
Does anyone have a link for a good tutorial regarding how to setup a fully
distributed hbase on top of a multi-node hadoop cluster?

Thanks,
Hamed

Re: hbase Multi Node Setup

Posted by Hamed Ghavamnia <gh...@gmail.com>.
Okay, I finally got it running :)
The changes I made were,
1)Using the exact same hbase-site.xml in all the machines
2)Keeping the zookeeper on the hbase-master (which has my namenode as well)
But I don't get why stopping the hbase-master takes so long, the zookeeper
is easily stopped, the regionservers are stopped quickly as well, but the
master takes too long to stop, and it's causing me problems.

Re: hbase Multi Node Setup

Posted by Hamed Ghavamnia <gh...@gmail.com>.

Re: hbase Multi Node Setup

Posted by Hamed Ghavamnia <gh...@gmail.com>.