Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Britske <gb...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/14 20:02:34 UTC

how to load custom valuesource as plugin

I've created a simple valueSource which is supposed to calculate a weighted
sum over a list of supplied valuesources.

How can I let Solr recognise this valuesource?

I tried to simply upload it as a plugin, and reference is by its name (wsum)
in a functionquery, but got a "Unknown function wsum in FunctionQuery".

Can anybody tell me what I'm missing here?

Thanks in advance,
Geert-Jan

Re: how to load custom valuesource as plugin

Posted by Britske <gb...@gmail.com>.
How would you then use a custom valueSource?  would extending a
requesthandler and explicitly calling the valuesource in the requesthandler
work?

Obviously, thats not very flexible,but it might do for now.  Is a pluggable
query parser on the agenda? if so, where can I vote ;-)

Geert-Jan

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@apache.org>.