Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by John McNally <jm...@collab.net> on 2003/07/06 19:20:27 UTC

jdbc2pool [was Re: DBCP status?]

> Have looked a couple of weeks ago
> * jdbc2 part seemed out of operation to me (just can't go into a release)

I've seen a couple statements like this.  No one presents any reasons
for their statement though.  I started this pool and use it in
production, so have dual interest in hearing what the problems are.  I
see one bug entered against it, but I would not classify it as a
blocker.

john mcnally

Re: jdbc2pool [was Re: DBCP status?]

Posted by Anton Tagunov <at...@mail.cnt.ru>.
Hello John!

I do think I see certain (serious) issues
with the code, and I have started to compose
a comprehensive mail on this, but let us
please first discuss the

    "[dbcp] Do we need Referenceable?"

thread I'm starting now as the outcome
of the discussion will influence greatly
what my advice on improving jdbc2 will be.

Okay?
Please expect my detailed answer to your
mail in several days, a week at most.

- Anton