Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Gibson Brad - IL <GI...@tusc.com> on 2002/03/11 06:29:57 UTC

Using struts with UIX and or BC4J

Has anyone used UIX and or BC4J (Oracle 9iAS) with struts?

Brad Gibson

Re: Using struts with UIX and or BC4J

Posted by Oliver Kiessler <ki...@linustar.de>.
struts works fine for me in an oc4j container. i don't know about uix
though.
bc4j is interessting. that i would like to know too... ;)

oliver

--
mailto: kiessler@linustar.de
web: http://www.linustar.de

---
Ubi non accusator, ibi non judex.

Re: Using struts with UIX and or BC4J

Posted by Benjamin <be...@nur-eine-i.de>.
Hi,

> Has anyone used UIX and or BC4J (Oracle 9iAS) with struts?

I'm working with with Struts and BC4J on a project.. After getting used
to the paradigms of BC4J it's quite easy I think. Although you have to
do some work to get the "glue" between Struts and BC4J automated it
still works.
At first it's somehow a bit difficult, because BC4J works with "Value
Objects", in BC4J slang it's "Row" or "RowSet", and Struts is more or
less based on standard JavaBeans. I wrote a base class for all my
actions that has a method which populates a FormBean based an a
ViewObject. But after I had this working everything else was quite
straightforward. However I'm still in developing.
UIX on the other hand is somehow similar to struts. If you use it
"complete" it's an implementation of the MVC2 pattern. But you can also
use only parts of it, for example you can only use UIX pages for the
View, although then you have to call special objects to render your UIX
pages, but nonetheless it works (just don't misunderstand me, I never
really used UIX in any way, that's juast my knowledge from forums and
the help). From the 9i JDeveloper help it sounds like it's easier to
integrate UIX with BC4J, because you can use something called databound
pages. But I didn't try it. I like Struts more, the documentation is
more concise (although not always complete and newbie-friendly) and the
most important, you have the source.

Hope this helps

Benjamin

RE: Struts with JBuilder5

Posted by Jay sissom <js...@toybox.uits.indiana.edu>.
I believe this link has the two OpenTool updates you need for Struts to
work property within JBuilder 5:

http://codecentral.borland.com/codecentral/ccweb.exe/listing?id=16369

Jay

RE: Struts with JBuilder5