Posted to user@struts.apache.org by René Thol <Re...@porsche.de> on 2005/02/15 09:25:45 UTC

MESSAGES_KEY not found in request

Hello again,

since I'm stuck to struts1.0.2 and there's no way to disable filtering
when using bean:message I'm trying to access MessageResources directly
within my JSPs.

But there is no entry regarding the Action.MESSAGES_KEY. Neither within
the request nor within the session.
I'm going through all request parameters and attributes within my
Action's perform method after calling super.perform(...).
No entry is found!

So my question is: How does bean:message find the entries if they are
not set according to the documentation!?

Many thanks in advance
Kind regards

--
============================
	René Thol

E-Mail: Rene.Thol@porsche.de

Re: MESSAGES_KEY not found in request

Posted by René Thol <Re...@porsche.de>.
I finally found them. After going through some struts sources.

The messages are stored under:

session.getServletContext().getAttribute(Action.MESSAGES_KEY)

I was mislead by some examples in the web where you are told to fetch
them via:

request.getAttribute(Action.MESSAGES_KEY);

Best regards
René Thol

--
	René Thol