Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Dennis Sosnoski <dm...@sosnoski.com> on 2005/01/31 22:23:33 UTC

Next Generation Web Services presentation

Many of the presentations from the JavaPolis 2004 conference are now
being hosted for streaming at JavaLobby, including my "Next Generation
Web Services" talk. You can get easy access to the presentations from
the JavaPolis media page
<http://wiki.javapolis.com/confluence/display/JP04Pres/JavaPolis+Media>
(you'll need to register, but it's cost- and spam-free). If you're set
up for BitTorrent you can also download full copies of the my
presentations that way - see my company home page (in the signature) for
the torrent links. Here's what XML luminary Tim Bray (who recently
joined Sun as Director of Web Technologies) had to say
<http://www.tbray.org/ongoing/When/200x/2004/12/16/Javapolis> about the
Next Generation Web Services presentation: "Another highlight for me was
Dennis Sosnoski's Web Services session, which was ruthlessly clear-eyed
about what works and what sucks in the world of Java Web Services...".

  - Dennis

--
Dennis M. Sosnoski
Enterprise Java, XML, and Web Services

Re: Next Generation Web Services presentation

Posted by Vic <vi...@friendvu.com>.
Read it!
An outstanding resource.
Is there sompelace where we carn read you opinion on new W3 binary
services proposal, or on JMS or on Hessian (used by Spring, JavaLobby,
my SandraSF.com, etc.)
And I know I asked this before but... what is the bet way to return a
list of map of "basic" objects (or a disconected RowSet)?

tia,

.V

--
Forums, Boards, Blogs and News in RiA <http://www.boardVU.com>

Re: Next Generation Web Services presentation

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com>.
Dennis,

Great presentation -- Thanks!

I disagree with you about UDDI, of course. UDDI is an important
component for enterprise SOA management and governance. I don't see
very many people using it for dynamic discovery, but many firms that
have deployed a large number of services rely on UDDI to keep track of
all the services deployed and the metadata associated with them, to
help with change management, and to institute approval and governence
processes.

Also -- nearly all commercial web services platforms support
WS-Security today (not that anyone is using it yet...)

- Anne