Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Gene Pang <ge...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/18 13:36:19 UTC

Re: Question About OFF_HEAP Caching

Hi,

If you want to use Alluxio with Spark 2.x, it is recommended to write to
and read from Alluxio with files. You can save an RDD with saveAsObjectFile
with an Alluxio path (alluxio://host:port/path/to/file), and you can read
that file from any other Spark job. Here is additional information on how
to run Spark with Alluxio:
http://www.alluxio.org/docs/master/en/Running-Spark-on-Alluxio.html

Hope that helps,
Gene

Posted by Bin Fan <fa...@gmail.com>.
Here is one blog illustrating how to use Spark on Alluxio for this purpose.
Hope it will help:

http://www.alluxio.com/2016/04/getting-started-with-alluxio-and-spark/